Yesterday was awful.
I pretty much got beat up by 2 of my teachers.
They were really awful.
Long story short:
It took me way too long to do my clients partial foil + color in between.
We were unable to do her haircut since the cut off time was 830.
It had taken me 2 hours to do her foils and slap on the other color.
She still had to process for 30 minutes so there wouldn't be any uneven color spots.
Haircut just wasn't going to happen.
She was really mad. Understandable.
My teacher told her that it should've taken me only 1hr to do.
I felt horrible.
It all went downhill from there. Her and another teacher yelled at me about
not using a timer. (I was looking at the clock instead.)
Then yelled about not combing her hair prior to putting her under a dryer.
And they even talked about me in the hallway.
It was not a good night.
I understand that you have to teach someone somehow, but verbally bullying
a student and ganging up on said student isn't the way to do it.
Other then that...
Today I'm getting parts to fix the brakes on my car.
A neighbor is going to do it for 150$ + cost of parts.
A grand total of 310$! Not bad seeing that all the auto shops wanted 800$+.
I've also decided that I will be driving to South Carolina instead of flying.
I should be getting my tax return in the next week.
With the help of some math I've figured it will take about 300$ in gas total.
(Has about 50$ extra for in case. May even be less since gas drops about 30cents
outside of Illinois!)
So far today has been a good day.
And I plan on keeping it that way.
I sold a dress and am getting about 5$ for it, which I will give to my school.
A 5$ donation lets to wear jeans for the day. And it helps the Ronald Mc Donald Foundation.
Yay!
I pretty much got beat up by 2 of my teachers.
They were really awful.
Long story short:
It took me way too long to do my clients partial foil + color in between.
We were unable to do her haircut since the cut off time was 830.
It had taken me 2 hours to do her foils and slap on the other color.
She still had to process for 30 minutes so there wouldn't be any uneven color spots.
Haircut just wasn't going to happen.
She was really mad. Understandable.
My teacher told her that it should've taken me only 1hr to do.
I felt horrible.
It all went downhill from there. Her and another teacher yelled at me about
not using a timer. (I was looking at the clock instead.)
Then yelled about not combing her hair prior to putting her under a dryer.
And they even talked about me in the hallway.
It was not a good night.
I understand that you have to teach someone somehow, but verbally bullying
a student and ganging up on said student isn't the way to do it.
Other then that...
Today I'm getting parts to fix the brakes on my car.
A neighbor is going to do it for 150$ + cost of parts.
A grand total of 310$! Not bad seeing that all the auto shops wanted 800$+.
I've also decided that I will be driving to South Carolina instead of flying.
I should be getting my tax return in the next week.
With the help of some math I've figured it will take about 300$ in gas total.
(Has about 50$ extra for in case. May even be less since gas drops about 30cents
outside of Illinois!)
So far today has been a good day.
And I plan on keeping it that way.
I sold a dress and am getting about 5$ for it, which I will give to my school.
A 5$ donation lets to wear jeans for the day. And it helps the Ronald Mc Donald Foundation.
Yay!

2 comments:
I'm glad you didn't let a terrible night ruin your day. :] And yikes--- it just SUCKS so bad when you have a bad time at school or work: you're just hoping for the moment to end, already. @_@
Anyway, good on you for donating to the RMF. <3 Best of luck with planning the road trip~.
Exactly! I felt awful and just wanted to leave but of course I couldn't. So I felt miserable the rest of the night.
Friday, the next day, I talked to one of the teachers (the one that's my class teachers) and she apologized. She even said she'd bring up some of my points in the next teacher meeting. I told her how it was really overwhelming to be a newish clinic student and get a partial foil, all over color, AND a haircut for 1 person. You WANT to do a good job so you go a bit slower but then you've got teachers rushing you. So you don't know which to do. Go faster and mess up.. or go slower and do a good job. And it's REALLY overwhelming when you get all this.. and it's your first time doing it. =/ So we talked about how they should put when we became clinic students on the list of students and when someone comes in wanting stuff like that, they should be handed to a more advanced student NOT someone that's been on the floor for no more then 2 months.
I'm hoping a few changes are made. I get that we're suppose to be learning but that's just too much for someone that hasn't done those services on a real person yet.
Post a Comment