So after what.. months of saying this was coming, it's finally heree.
Last time I was going to do this a storm came and was unable to take pictures.
I had a nice 2 days off, today included, and the sun was out so
I took advantage of it and FINALLY got pictures of mostly everything.
There's a few things I didn't take photos of which I will save for later.
(Mainly nail polish. It already reeks of burn cookies in here, no need to
add more gross smells to my room. Besides I just got more the other day and I want to do a review for them all at once in one big ol post!)
ONTO THE REVIEWS!
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
First up is all my lovely eye shadows that I got.
The next photo of them on my arm has them listed by how they're shown in the above photo.
Left to middle to right - top to bottom.
(Far left is with too faced primer, middle is with NYX milk pen, right is with nothing.)
Urban Decay Loose Pigment - Asphyxia
Urban Decay Loose Pigment - Graffiti
Urban Decay Loose Pigment - Yeyo
Ulta Pressed Shadow - Mosaic
Ulta Pressed Shadow - Platinim
Ulta Basked Shadow - Lucky Charm
NYX Loose Pigment - Gold
Urban Decay Matte Shadow - Chronic
Ulta Shadow Quad - It Girl
TBN Sample - Harmony
TBN Sample - Irish Dreams
TBN Sample - Grape Sparkle
Ulta Pressed Shadow - Truffle/Mystical
Ulta Pressed Shadow - In the buff/Trendsetter
UD Loose Pigments ★★★★☆
With a primer they're sorta metallic-y. Then with the milk pen, they a bit more subdued. Still vibrant like with just primer but not at metallic. So you can change it up with them. Either for for brightness WITH metallic or just brightness with no metallic. However without anything they're very transparent and not great at all.
UD Matte Shadow ★★★★★
It's extremely matte. Which is amaazing. The color is very vibrant when there is something under it but with nothing, again it's a bit transparent.
ULTA Shadows ★★★★☆
For all the ulta shadows, they're very nice when there is something below them. With nothing they're quite opaque too. Including the Mosaic blue. The only one out of all of them that looks good with nothing below it would be Platinum. It's already very metallic-y on it's own. Having something under it just enhances it a bit more. Own it's own though it does pretty good. Doesn't last very long but the color stays true.
NYX Loose Pigment ★★★★★
The NYX is another one that stays true even with nothing below it. It's a true gold that out shines everything. It's got amazing color to it. In all honesty, I compare this too MAC goldmine frost. I have been searching for a dupe of goldmine frost for a while and nothing has been as amazing as it. I of course ended up spending way more then the MAC one itself in the process of trying to find a dupe so actually buying the MAC would've saved me money but I didn't.. and I have FINALLY found a dupe! The only cons to the NYX is the packaging. The bottle it's in really isn't a good bottle so when you try to get some pigment, your brush is COATED in it and of course you can't tap it back into the container since the top of it's like maybe 3mm wide!
TBN 5gram Samples ★★★★☆
The TBN samples (The Body Needs) are quite lovely. Their pigment is good and they look amazing when the milk pen is under them. The sparkles in all 3 really get enhanced when there's a white base under. I think all of these are mineral shadows too. TBN may only do mineral, which is nice! Their cost is amazing for the amount of product you get too.
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Mascaras!

Essence All Eyes On Me ★★☆☆☆
Essence Black Mania ★★★★☆
Although these are from the same company they are really different from each other. All eyes on me has a very watery consistency when applied. So it's super easy to put on WAY too much and just ruin your look. It reminds me greatly of Maybellene Great Lash. Good for when in a pinch but other wise not even worth the 3$. It's suppose to give volume, length, and curl but really it does none of this. Makes your brown/blonde lashes look black but that's it. The brush on it's a bit weird too.
Black Mania though. I LOVE this one. The consistency is creamy but it's not too liquidy nor is it too thick. For me 2 swipes is all I need and my lashes look amazing. The brush on it's very nice too. It's for volume. It did make my lashes look a bit thicker. Which was nice. It doesn't clump up either which is lovellly.

(All eyes on me: Top
Black Mania: Bottom)
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Blushes!

Essence Silky Touch Blush - 20 Babydoll ★★☆☆☆
Ulta Cheek - Adore ★★☆☆☆
The essence one looks like a nice cute color. I'm more into light pinks and oranges and it looked nice. For 2$ why not. While it's cute in the packaging it's not cute on the face. Why? Because it doesn't show up at all! It's completely transparent! Even when I try to load up my brush, hardly anything is shown on my face. Seems like play makeup for a child.
The ULTA one is bits of shimmer in it. Now this one I didn't pay for. When I made a like 50$ purchase like a month ago I was able to pick a freebie of my choice. I ended up picking the natural face kit and this was inside it! I definitely would've not bought this. The color is too dark for me and the shimmer.. My cheeks sometimes get oily. Add on some shimmer and I look like I took a bath in cooking oil. It applies very well though. Just gotta be careful not to put too much on your brush.

N.Y.C Cream Stick - 644U Plaza Pink ★★★★★
I LOVE THIS BLUSH. My first cream blush ever and oh my jesus I love it. It's not that pink. More of a orangy pink. The cream is lovely and the fact that it's a STICK is even better. It glides on smoothly and blends very well when using fingers. (Haven't tried with a brush, I like my fingers.) It gives me a nice healthy glow. I think there might be a tiny hint of shimmer but it's not a serious shimmer like the ULTA one. On the stick it looks a tad shimmery but once I put it on there is zero shimmer. It looks matte when I put it on.
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Last but not least..
Lipstick!

NYX - Harmony ★★★☆☆
NYX - Chaos ★★★★☆
Wet n Wild - 528A ★★★☆☆
The harmony is my 2nd one. The first one I had bought for myself buy my mother stole it and used it all. So I bought another since I liked it the first time. It's a okay color but it's extremely pale. (As you can see.) The shimmer is nice but for pale people like me.. it tends to make me look dead. I don't use it often because of this and I try to wear it on top of other bright colors to tone them down but make it so I don't look creepy. It's a very nice lipstick though that lasts quite a while.
Chaos is more of a pink red. So when it starts to wear off or you wipe some of it off it looks like a hot pink. However, it stains very well. I mainly use it to make my lips look brighter just without lipstick. Put it on, wipe it all and wala. LIP STAIN! Haha. As a lipstick it's very nice.
The wet n wild I bought because I liked the color. It's a nice shade. However it's staying power is a bit ehhh. Definitely have to reapply every once in a while. Not too shabby for it's price though. I think I paid less then 3$ for it.
Last time I was going to do this a storm came and was unable to take pictures.
I had a nice 2 days off, today included, and the sun was out so
I took advantage of it and FINALLY got pictures of mostly everything.
There's a few things I didn't take photos of which I will save for later.
(Mainly nail polish. It already reeks of burn cookies in here, no need to
add more gross smells to my room. Besides I just got more the other day and I want to do a review for them all at once in one big ol post!)
ONTO THE REVIEWS!
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
First up is all my lovely eye shadows that I got.The next photo of them on my arm has them listed by how they're shown in the above photo.
Left to middle to right - top to bottom.
(Far left is with too faced primer, middle is with NYX milk pen, right is with nothing.)Urban Decay Loose Pigment - Asphyxia
Urban Decay Loose Pigment - Graffiti
Urban Decay Loose Pigment - Yeyo
Ulta Pressed Shadow - Mosaic
Ulta Pressed Shadow - Platinim
Ulta Basked Shadow - Lucky Charm
NYX Loose Pigment - Gold
Urban Decay Matte Shadow - Chronic
Ulta Shadow Quad - It Girl
TBN Sample - Harmony
TBN Sample - Irish Dreams
TBN Sample - Grape Sparkle
Ulta Pressed Shadow - Truffle/Mystical
Ulta Pressed Shadow - In the buff/Trendsetter
UD Loose Pigments ★★★★☆
With a primer they're sorta metallic-y. Then with the milk pen, they a bit more subdued. Still vibrant like with just primer but not at metallic. So you can change it up with them. Either for for brightness WITH metallic or just brightness with no metallic. However without anything they're very transparent and not great at all.
UD Matte Shadow ★★★★★
It's extremely matte. Which is amaazing. The color is very vibrant when there is something under it but with nothing, again it's a bit transparent.
ULTA Shadows ★★★★☆
For all the ulta shadows, they're very nice when there is something below them. With nothing they're quite opaque too. Including the Mosaic blue. The only one out of all of them that looks good with nothing below it would be Platinum. It's already very metallic-y on it's own. Having something under it just enhances it a bit more. Own it's own though it does pretty good. Doesn't last very long but the color stays true.
NYX Loose Pigment ★★★★★
The NYX is another one that stays true even with nothing below it. It's a true gold that out shines everything. It's got amazing color to it. In all honesty, I compare this too MAC goldmine frost. I have been searching for a dupe of goldmine frost for a while and nothing has been as amazing as it. I of course ended up spending way more then the MAC one itself in the process of trying to find a dupe so actually buying the MAC would've saved me money but I didn't.. and I have FINALLY found a dupe! The only cons to the NYX is the packaging. The bottle it's in really isn't a good bottle so when you try to get some pigment, your brush is COATED in it and of course you can't tap it back into the container since the top of it's like maybe 3mm wide!
TBN 5gram Samples ★★★★☆
The TBN samples (The Body Needs) are quite lovely. Their pigment is good and they look amazing when the milk pen is under them. The sparkles in all 3 really get enhanced when there's a white base under. I think all of these are mineral shadows too. TBN may only do mineral, which is nice! Their cost is amazing for the amount of product you get too.
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Mascaras!
Essence All Eyes On Me ★★☆☆☆
Essence Black Mania ★★★★☆
Although these are from the same company they are really different from each other. All eyes on me has a very watery consistency when applied. So it's super easy to put on WAY too much and just ruin your look. It reminds me greatly of Maybellene Great Lash. Good for when in a pinch but other wise not even worth the 3$. It's suppose to give volume, length, and curl but really it does none of this. Makes your brown/blonde lashes look black but that's it. The brush on it's a bit weird too.
Black Mania though. I LOVE this one. The consistency is creamy but it's not too liquidy nor is it too thick. For me 2 swipes is all I need and my lashes look amazing. The brush on it's very nice too. It's for volume. It did make my lashes look a bit thicker. Which was nice. It doesn't clump up either which is lovellly.

(All eyes on me: Top
Black Mania: Bottom)
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Blushes!

Essence Silky Touch Blush - 20 Babydoll ★★☆☆☆
Ulta Cheek - Adore ★★☆☆☆
The essence one looks like a nice cute color. I'm more into light pinks and oranges and it looked nice. For 2$ why not. While it's cute in the packaging it's not cute on the face. Why? Because it doesn't show up at all! It's completely transparent! Even when I try to load up my brush, hardly anything is shown on my face. Seems like play makeup for a child.
The ULTA one is bits of shimmer in it. Now this one I didn't pay for. When I made a like 50$ purchase like a month ago I was able to pick a freebie of my choice. I ended up picking the natural face kit and this was inside it! I definitely would've not bought this. The color is too dark for me and the shimmer.. My cheeks sometimes get oily. Add on some shimmer and I look like I took a bath in cooking oil. It applies very well though. Just gotta be careful not to put too much on your brush.

N.Y.C Cream Stick - 644U Plaza Pink ★★★★★
I LOVE THIS BLUSH. My first cream blush ever and oh my jesus I love it. It's not that pink. More of a orangy pink. The cream is lovely and the fact that it's a STICK is even better. It glides on smoothly and blends very well when using fingers. (Haven't tried with a brush, I like my fingers.) It gives me a nice healthy glow. I think there might be a tiny hint of shimmer but it's not a serious shimmer like the ULTA one. On the stick it looks a tad shimmery but once I put it on there is zero shimmer. It looks matte when I put it on.
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Last but not least..
Lipstick!

NYX - Harmony ★★★☆☆
NYX - Chaos ★★★★☆
Wet n Wild - 528A ★★★☆☆
The harmony is my 2nd one. The first one I had bought for myself buy my mother stole it and used it all. So I bought another since I liked it the first time. It's a okay color but it's extremely pale. (As you can see.) The shimmer is nice but for pale people like me.. it tends to make me look dead. I don't use it often because of this and I try to wear it on top of other bright colors to tone them down but make it so I don't look creepy. It's a very nice lipstick though that lasts quite a while.
Chaos is more of a pink red. So when it starts to wear off or you wipe some of it off it looks like a hot pink. However, it stains very well. I mainly use it to make my lips look brighter just without lipstick. Put it on, wipe it all and wala. LIP STAIN! Haha. As a lipstick it's very nice.
The wet n wild I bought because I liked the color. It's a nice shade. However it's staying power is a bit ehhh. Definitely have to reapply every once in a while. Not too shabby for it's price though. I think I paid less then 3$ for it.

3 comments:
Hm.. I ammuch intrigued by the idea of this creme blush-- and in a stick, no less. <33 May have to try that myself, as it looks much more portable than other blushes I've seen.
And speaking of that, the NYX shadows are gorj. (They usually are.) Makes me want to learn how in the hell to actually apply makeup to my own face. Haha
The stick is beyond awesome. It's easily portable since I don't need to bring along a brush. And if it breaks.. I don't have to worry about powder all over my stuff and in my purse, it'll stay IN the tube. ;D
I love NYX. The colors are amazingly pigmented and you generally only need a reallllly tiny amount. So it'll last forever.
Oooh, I just came across your blog from Gaia. I love this review. SO much info all in one place!
Fierce Nerditude
Post a Comment